This Policy may also cover information collected and used by the Federalist Party of America via third parties and third party social media platforms, including, but not limited, to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT TO US. WE TAKE OUR RESPONSIBILITY WITH SUCH VERY SERIOUSLY. THIS POLICY IS PROVIDED SO YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION; AS WELL AS, YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT, HOW WE COLLECT IT, AND WHY WE COLLECT IT.
We will look after any personal information that you share with us. This is a large part of our values as an organization. We want everyone who supports us or who corresponds with us to feel confident about how any personal information that they share will be looked after or used.
YOUR CONTROL OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will only use your personal information in the ways we need to for our mission and that is expected;
- We will only use your personal information if you have authorized us to do so;
- We will keep you up to date with our work raising awareness and promoting understanding of Federalism; as well as for the purposes of fundraising;
- We will make it simple for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt out from future communications, and we will honor your request as soon as possible;
- We will take reasonable care to keep your information safe through secure processes;
- We will make it easy for you to contact us to answer any of your questions about privacy or our data protection policy. Details of how to contact us are contained within this policy.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect four main types of data:
- Anonymous data that is collected from customers, supporters or other agencies who we may interact with;
- Website analytics data that is collected via analytic programs, internal and external to the Site, such as number of page visits, which pages are accessed, etc.;
- Personal data that visitors, donors and customers submit so that we can provide you with a service as a customer, supporter, donor and/or if you are purchasing our products;
- Financial data that supporters voluntarily submit, to make a donation, order merchandise, etc.
The personal information we collect might include but not be limited to your contact details such as name, email address, mailing address, telephone numbers and credit/debit card or banking details (if you are making a purchase or donation), as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us.
We also gather general information about the use of websites, such as which pages users visit most often and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in Federalist Party of America emails. We may use this information to personalize the way our websites are presented when users visit them, to make improvements and refinements to our websites and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible, we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may collect personal information from you as a donor or supporter of the Federalist Party of America. There are lots of ways that we collect information about you. These are the most common ways:
- If you are inquiring about what we do;
- If you are registering with us, (such as, but not limited to, signing up to join or to receive our newsletter) making a donation or purchasing something from us;
- If you have contacted us because you want to be a volunteer, supporter or are applying for a position with us;
- If you provide feedback to us or otherwise provide us with personal information;
- If you are signing onto a project, campaign, petition, or providing a testimonial or statement;
- If you are a third party contributing services or content to our Site(s).
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Personal Information for the purposes for which it was collected (for example, responding to your requests, sending literature and/or newsletters, administering polls or surveys or processing donations, etc.)
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide you with information, content and support that you have asked for.
- Provide or administer all activities related to the work we do including updating you with important information; help identify when you contact us; and to help us maintain appropriate records;
- Improve our relationship and activities with you. We may use your information to improve our services to you, to improve our information and communications or to make our website better serve your needs;
- Provide information to you about what we are doing. This may include providing you with information which may be of interest to you, news and events; providing you with updates, and/or fundraising activities, and/or letting you know about activities we’re engaged in now and hope to be involved with in the future;.
- Analyze the personal information we collect so that we can better understand trends in various geographical areas, understand your needs, and understand supporters’ needs. This then informs of wider internal and external practices, methods and/or changes in outreach policies and procedures, etc.;
- If we are required to do so by law, we may need to disclose your information (for example to comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice or in response to a request from a competent authority); or in order to enforce other agreements.
Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect about you may be looked at by staff and volunteers on a ‘need–to-know’ basis, so that we can best know how to inform you and deliver services to you. We also work with other organizations and third parties that assist us or act on our behalf to deliver services. Additionally, as stated above, we may have to disclose your personal information to legal, statutory or regulatory authorities if required to do so by law.
This never involves us selling any information about your web browsing activity.
Security of your Information
We take the security of your personal information extremely seriously. We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, alteration, use, destruction and loss.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, but there is no such thing as “100% perfect or impenetrable” security on the Internet, we take reasonable steps to protect the safety of your personal information. This Site has security measures in place to protect loss, misuse, and/or alteration of such information under our control. However, we do not guarantee the security of your information. In addition, we do not assume any liability for third party use of your information, whether obtained legally or illegally from or through our Site(s).
Federalist Party of America uses third-party vendors to provide services on this Website and in offline business operations. The information that you submit on this site may be provided to those vendors on a confidential basis so that those vendors can provide services (such as sending email messages, for texting solutions, newsletters, maintaining our database, facilitating fundraising activities, or processing credit card transactions) on our behalf.
In addition, we do not assume any liability for third party use of your General or Personal Information, whether obtained legally or illegally from or through this Site.
The Federalist Party of America offers services through a text message short code. The messages are processed through a third-party vendor called Raindrop Technologies. Raindrop Technologies has information about their privacy practices on their website. For your safety and privacy, we will never share this information with third parties without your consent.
Users will be charged standard text messaging rates as required in their mobile device provider’s plans. Any statement of charges or billing is in no way connected to us.
HOWEVER, we do not assume any liability for third party use of your General or Personal Information, whether obtained legally or illegally from or through this Site.
Control of Your Personal Information
If you prefer to not share your Personal Information as described above, please email us at any time at email@example.com.
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
Transfer of Business Assets
At any time, this Site’s host may be acquired, merge with another business, or acquire or buy other businesses or assets. In such transactions, both General and Personal Information will likely be among the transferred assets.
We value you whether you are a supporter, donor or customer and we always like to keep donors and supporters updated with our progress, plans and how you can support us. Where you have given your consent, we would like to keep in touch with you by postal mail, telephone, email, text and any other electronic means.
We respect any information that you share and you can change your mind and remove or add your consent at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or following the unsubscribe instructions on communications you receive. We do take steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy and any applicable law.
Your communications with our teams at Federalist Party of America (including by telephone, email or software programs) may be monitored and/or recorded for training, quality control and compliance purposes, to ensure that we continuously improve our services and how we bring information to you. For example, you may be invited to a conference call or a tele-conference, periscope session, or via other communication methods and these may be recorded.
The only cookie currently in use by this website is used to support analysis and understanding of how people use the website (what they like most, to measure activity, have people found new content when it is published, when is the busiest time of day on the site, etc). This analysis is to help improve the usage and effectiveness of the website, as well as to provide you, the user, an informative and user-friendly experience.
Understand that although a user has the ability to modify most browsers to either accept all cookies, notify the user when a cookie is sent, or reject all cookies, it may not be possible to use certain services on this Site if cookies are not accepted.
We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Federalist Party of America. Although we use security that we believe to be appropriate to protect your Personal Information, we do not guarantee that our security precautions will protect against, and we expressly disclaim any liability for, any loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Information.